Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our New Home

Short of one month after Xavier (meaning "new house") is born I was asked to go and collect the keys to my new house. It may not have been something that I had expected but at the least, I was also satisfied after seeing all the other "offerings".

Named "Suriamas" and located quite close to Sunway Pyramid, our little apartment is only around 1300 square feet and boasts with 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 study room and a yard. We actually had put on the down payment to book the unit in 2005 but alas, finally it's completed now in 2008.

When I first arrived at the unit, I was telling myself; "Hell, I had been paying my butt off for a unit that is of this size only ?". It certainly looks much different when I was at the showroom back in 2005 ! Maybe it's me; a renovated unit may look much better later huh ? After taking a few pictures of here and there, locating a bit of defects here and there and complaining to the site supervisor, then I insist to go and look at the facilities instead.

Located at the second floor of he apartment, the facilities includes a swimming pool, fountain, "hanging garden", badminton hall, gym, tennis court, nursery, salon, convenience shop and a restaurant - all within the compound of the apartment. You know, when you stay in a close community like this; this is the kind of facilities you would be willing to pay for. Although I may have other rants about the unit itself I guess the term "You get what you pay for" is always true. We should not demand too much when we are not in the position to pay for a more luxurious life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When I first arrived at the unit, I was telling myself; "Hell, I had been paying my butt off for a unit that is of this size only ?". It certainly looks much different when I was at the showroom back in 2005"

Sound like buying software right? Pre-Sales not equal to Post Sales!!