
"The way God works are mysterious", were some of the phrases that I had heard quite frequently - real life or in movies. Now if I tell you that someone had painted a picture of my destiny from the day I got married right till the day I die, do you believe me ?
It started off back at the day when I got married and having the dinner banquet. I was making a speech to thank my in-laws and touching upon the topic "Giving them grandchildren". I somehow did mentioned upon the coincidence that I get to date my wife on the 21th of June 2002 and then got married and signed the papers on the 21th of June 2006. That was in the year 2007 and I hinted that we have even have a child on the 21th of June 2008 !
What occurred next is that we did managed to conceive a baby on October 2007 in which ties back to the due date of around the beginning of July 2008. Well, we nearly did hit the 21th of June 2008 as I mentioned a year ago but oh well... our baby Xavier came out slightly late - 26th June 2008 and I'm not complaining...
So how did I stumbled upon the name Xavier ? I once had a boss whose name is Xavier Tan. I'd reckoned that he was quite a man whom I admired - apart from all the lousy bosses I had all these days (even until today !). Yet, it's not like you would find the name Xavier running on the streets everywhere - like I put it; if you drop a huge signboard and kill the patrons off the mamak stall; 6 out of 10 chinese killed would carry the surname "Wong".
So Xavier is my first choice when I get to know it was a boy during Michele's 4th month of pregnancy but at the 7th month of pregnancy, someone did asked me "What does Xavier means ?". If you check out some sites over at the internet (http://www.babyhold.com/list/Basque_Baby_Names/Xavier/details/), Xavier is an Arabic, Muslim or Spanish name which means "New House" or "Owns a new house". Now what surprises me is that, I had just received a letter from my developer that we will be getting the keys to our new house now ! 1 week after our baby is born ! Coincidence ?
To sum it all up, I'm also giving him a very rare chinese name in which not many would have heard before. My wish for him as a daddy is that he will not grow up to be like any commoner as we all are today - work, eat, sleep. I wish he would be someone who is as unique as his name were given to him, think out of this forsaken box of rat race, someone useful and to be remembered and honored by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment