Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy New Year !

Here I am, sitting at Starbucks Summit sipping my cup of Green Tea latte with one gigantic book on the table next to my notebook. It reads “OCP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide” with a total weight of almost one kilogram in weight (Forget about the number of pages inside okay, it’s huge). While trying to stuff half of the book into this puny, caffeine infested brain of mine, I suddenly recalled upon the show I had watched the night before; Aliens VS Predator 2. I was expecting much gore from within the show but yet I was presented with an intense show of firepower and action from the movie. Definitely cool for those who drool upon the effects of Independence Day or War of The Worlds.

After the movie last night and like any Malaysians kakis, I went over to the mamak stall with my ex-colleague for a cup of tea and chit chat about old times. Just as we were fighting to capture the mamak’s attention for our orders, I happened to bump upon the news over at TV3 about another intense show of firepower and gore - news that Benazir Buttho was killed by gunmen and the gunmen actually blew himself up after assassinating her; killing 20 supporters and/or bodyguards. Heck, sometimes it makes me wonder if our world is any better than what had been depicted in the movies…

As in my previous blog post about those who did not managed to see 2008, I guess she would be one of those who had ended up in the 2007 year statistics. Although I do not bothered about political news; particularly Pakistan but I actually felt bad about her death. It’s not that she had come back long after an exile and now she had met her end by her fellow countryman with such a “welcome”. Looking back at our country, I felt myself really lucky to have been able to sip my tea here in peace instead of pieces.

Anyway, do you realized that the world always have surprises for us before the new year arrives? Last year was Saddam Hussein and this year is her. Remember the tsunami? It was also at the end of the year right? Anyway, as usual I’m just going to write a poem in dedication for everyone who is reading this.

Merry Christmas my dear friend,
Now the year about to come to an end,
Let’s recap our lives here a bit,
In poems I dedicate for you to read

Much had happened among us here,
Success, failures, deaths and new born tears,
I didn’t keep a diary nor did my dear,
Visions of my mind only I have here

If you’ve change jobs and started a new career,
I wished your change had brought you cheer,
Always remember why you made the switch,
As now you may no longer be in the ditch

There may be disappointments and failures,
I hope you don’t read my blog with tears,
There are people who always lived in fears,
Surely you’re better than them - as you’re still here

You may be blessed with wealth and fortunes,
You may wear prada, LVs and valuable stones,
But remember the few that wealth does not own,
It’s called happiness, health and a place call home
(A house is not home; if you know what I mean)

As the upcoming year, I wish you well,
Goodbye 2007 and I bid you farewell,
I admit, it’s been a wonderful year for me,
As 2008 I look forward to be a good daddy

For single ladies, I wish you’d find a good hubby,
For chubbies, I wish your diet plans worked perfectly,
For students, I wish your exams results are to be envy,
For workers, I wish your bonus are more than mine - definitely !

1 comment:

Bob Goh said...

Don't be lazy..post some new articles now! 8-D