Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My last 2 days on a 10 years job

Lack of 2 months in which I had been in this God forsaken company for 10 years already. I remembered posting a blog about having insomnia when both my friends and colleagues left in a gap of 2 months time. What's worse was the feeling of seeing a empty desk in which was occupied by the same people for the last 8 years.

I was told once that colleagues are like your second family. When you get up, get to work, the first people you would see are your colleagues, peers and those few friends in which you would greet "Good Morning, had your breakfast ?". What's more, imagine doing it for the last 8 years and see how you ought to feel about it when they just left. All the laughters and memories that were left behind can get anyone insane. What's more, imagine yourself being the last person to leave...

Anyway by the 12th of March, I will be heading to a bigger company and leaving all my past knowledge behind in regards to my ex-company's product. I'm hoping to see a bigger picture about life and career, talk to bigger crowds and hopefully to enjoy bigger renumeration and appreciation. If any of my ex-colleagues who are reading this post, I would like to dedicate this poem to them

10 years ago, I joined this company,
10 years ago, I was young and happy,
Now I'm wiser and having my family,
Now I dream of better life and financially

I once had a dream when I joined there,
My dream came true to see people care,
But colleagues are only those who care,
With bosses carrying the tag, "Who cares ?"

I worked hard and hope to climb higher,
I was given empty promises by different liars,
I asked for a higher pay and guess what they say,
"Stop whining and go work like a slave"

Now I woke from my dreams when I'm all alone,
All colleagues left hating the management to the bone,
Empty chairs with wonderful people used to be there,
Past visions of laughters and colleagues I cannot bear

More productivity is what they asked for,
More of my morale were put to the floor,
You work, I pay is all they cared about,
"I am getting insane" is what I shout out loud

"We still can run things without you !",
Was the words I heard for "Thank you",
10 years learning from lousy managements,
10 years learning their mistakes and arrangements

So here I am, I'll be leaving in 2 days time,
I wont shed a tear nor I wont whine.
I wont look back and go with an open heart,
To meet new challenges from the countries apart

GoodBye Sybase, Oracle, here I come !!!!

No comments: